Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Studio Strings đŸŽ»articulation switch shortcut❓

Hello👋🏻 ,

With Studio Cellos, for example, I would like to find a way to quickly change articulations (playing techniques) with a shortcut.

Until now I change the articulations after inputting the notes, by selecting them and going to the Articulation drop-up menu in the piano roll.

I found the keyswitches in the Smart Controls.

The articulation change when I play from C0 to F1

with my midi keyboard or when I click on those keys, 

it will sound like a different articulation, but it doesn't change the articulation to the midi notes in the piano roll.

Any ideas💡on how I could make a shortcut from my computer keyboard to change quickly articulations❓

Posted on May 17, 2021 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 1:10 AM

I found a way to get shortcuts articulations before and after inputted them using Step Input entry.

With the articulation set in the track inspector, I enter the midi notes with my computer keyboard with A~J,

the rhythm with 1~0, and with the Midi Remote button switch to On,

I change articulations with a midi keyboard (piano) with C0~F1

You can also use a midi keyboard to change the articulations in the piano roll after you recorded it with this technique.

No need to go to the Articulation drop-up menu😃

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2021 1:10 AM in response to cellicello

I found a way to get shortcuts articulations before and after inputted them using Step Input entry.

With the articulation set in the track inspector, I enter the midi notes with my computer keyboard with A~J,

the rhythm with 1~0, and with the Midi Remote button switch to On,

I change articulations with a midi keyboard (piano) with C0~F1

You can also use a midi keyboard to change the articulations in the piano roll after you recorded it with this technique.

No need to go to the Articulation drop-up menu😃

Studio Strings đŸŽ»articulation switch shortcut❓

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.