Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am brand new to GarageBand. I have imported a guitar track from Apple Music, and would like to merge/add vocals and piano. Can't seem to find help to address theses. Does Apple call it something else?

I am brand new to GarageBand. How do I add a vocal to a guitar track once I have the guitar track in Garage Band?

I have imported a guitar track from Apple Music, and would like to merge/add vocals and piano. Can't seem to find help to address these. Does Apple call it something else?

Posted on May 17, 2021 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 8:30 AM

You add a new track and record your new part.

Create tracks in a project in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

If you want another "take" you can just create and record a new track. (There are other ways to do this.*)

"Merging" is called mixing in garageband. Simply turn on and off tracks as required. You can also set relative volumes or use a volume curve to automagically change the volume in the middle of a track.

*Record multiple audio takes in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 8:30 AM in response to tomletenor

You add a new track and record your new part.

Create tracks in a project in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

If you want another "take" you can just create and record a new track. (There are other ways to do this.*)

"Merging" is called mixing in garageband. Simply turn on and off tracks as required. You can also set relative volumes or use a volume curve to automagically change the volume in the middle of a track.

*Record multiple audio takes in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

I am brand new to GarageBand. I have imported a guitar track from Apple Music, and would like to merge/add vocals and piano. Can't seem to find help to address theses. Does Apple call it something else?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.