Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS/ Windows 10 on Mac Pro 1,1 with no OS installed

How would I go about installing windows on my Mac Pro 1,1? I have no OS as Liom (10.7) errors so I am stuck on Mac OS utilities and I was going to install windows anyway? I have a 7300GT for boot and a Quadro NVS 295 and 6GB o installed RAM. Is there any way to install windows or another version of Mac OS, maybe even lion again if it works?

Posted on May 17, 2021 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 9:03 AM

That is the bootable USB stick you should have created to help you. That specific item is a Gary area, because Lion is not free, and Apple "put away" the item for sale as new.

You may be able to order a copy (or the RIGHT to a downloadable copy) by contacting Apple Customer service.

9 replies

May 18, 2021 8:05 AM in response to MrMcRibYT

Mac Pro 1,1 can run up to 10.7.5 unless the firmware is hacked.

You MAY be able to download 10.7 Installer on another Mac and make a bootable USB-stick installer. You would need the same Apple-ID you used to "purchase" 10.7 previously.

This could work because once made properly, the USB stick is bootable, so it does not need anything else on the machine to Install.

Mac OS/ Windows 10 on Mac Pro 1,1 with no OS installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.