Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad music sync

Trying to transfer music from iPad to MacBook....I see lots of suggestions to transfer from MacBook to iPad but nothing about iPad to MacBook.

Posted on May 17, 2021 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 8:52 AM

I appreciate the info....don't want to spend $40. to do this but will look for some other software to do the job....It sucks that Apple makes us do a run around for what should be a straight forward procedure.

4 replies

May 17, 2021 1:05 PM in response to rrobb

rrobb wrote:

Trying to transfer music from iPad to MacBook....I see lots of suggestions to transfer from MacBook to iPad but nothing about iPad to MacBook.

you see it that way because it is a one way sync itunes to Apple device.

you will need to purchase a 3rd party app like touch copy to transfer music from your ipad to itunes.

May 20, 2021 9:05 AM in response to rrobb

rrobb wrote:

I appreciate the info....don't want to spend $40. to do this but will look for some other software to do the job....It ***** that Apple makes us do a run around for what should be a straight forward procedure.

it has always been a one way sync itunes to Apple device.

How did you get the music on your device in the first place?

Ipad music sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.