Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification required

whenever I try to download something it says verification required. I put in my info and it says verification required again. It’s a endless cycle that has been going on for a few weeks.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 17, 2021 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 1:55 PM

Similar issues here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8029362, please see response:

First, quit the App Store app using the steps here: Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then restart your iPhone following the instructions in this article: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. After the iPhone is back on, try downloading an app again.

If you still get brought through the verification steps and are unable to move past it, the next suggestion I have is to sign out of the iTunes and App Store, then sign back in. You can do that using instructions here: Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Even though the article is about signing in with a different Apple ID, the steps are the same to sign out and back in with the same Apple ID.

I would also recommend trying a different internet connection if the issue persists. If you're using cellular data, try Wi-Fi. If you're already on Wi-Fi, switch to cellular data, or find another Wi-Fi network to try.

- CarlAVII

Let us know if that helps resolve the endless verification loop.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 1:55 PM in response to jacegotthedrip

Similar issues here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8029362, please see response:

First, quit the App Store app using the steps here: Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then restart your iPhone following the instructions in this article: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. After the iPhone is back on, try downloading an app again.

If you still get brought through the verification steps and are unable to move past it, the next suggestion I have is to sign out of the iTunes and App Store, then sign back in. You can do that using instructions here: Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Even though the article is about signing in with a different Apple ID, the steps are the same to sign out and back in with the same Apple ID.

I would also recommend trying a different internet connection if the issue persists. If you're using cellular data, try Wi-Fi. If you're already on Wi-Fi, switch to cellular data, or find another Wi-Fi network to try.

- CarlAVII

Let us know if that helps resolve the endless verification loop.

Verification required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.