Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does it mean when a friend's activity ring is greyed out?

I can see their workout for that day but their activity ring is greyed out and all of the goals are 0/x. What d oes this mean?

Posted on May 18, 2021 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 8:28 PM

Yes those people who have stopped sharing with you (tapping on Hide my Activity) will appear at the very end of the Sharing section, under the title THESE PEOPLE ARE CURRENTLY HIDING THEIR ACTIVITY DATA FROM YOU.

That is just a toggle though. If they start sharing again, all their data becomes visible to you right away again.

So I dont think that happened here. Its more likely a case of not wearing the watch for a while, or not being connected to network. Are you in the same timezone? That can have an impact too.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2021 8:28 PM in response to omgitzjene

Yes those people who have stopped sharing with you (tapping on Hide my Activity) will appear at the very end of the Sharing section, under the title THESE PEOPLE ARE CURRENTLY HIDING THEIR ACTIVITY DATA FROM YOU.

That is just a toggle though. If they start sharing again, all their data becomes visible to you right away again.

So I dont think that happened here. Its more likely a case of not wearing the watch for a while, or not being connected to network. Are you in the same timezone? That can have an impact too.

May 19, 2021 8:39 AM in response to better_half

Do you know what it would look like if they stopped sharing their activity with me? I currently see 0/x for each of the numbers and the activity ring is greyed out and does not have the initial red, green or blue dot.

I previously saw one of their days with all the activity numbers and their workout and award earned that day but the next day I viewed it, the activity ring was grey and the numbers showed 0/x but their workout and award earned still stayed. Any ideas?

What does it mean when a friend's activity ring is greyed out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.