Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages compatible with my old MacBook Pro 15 inch 2011

I would like to download Pages 11.0 on my MacBook Pro 15 inch 2011 running High Sierra version 10.13.6. Will my system support this recent version of Pages?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 18, 2021 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 11:09 AM

Forgot to add one other thing. The longer you are running High Sierra on a 10 year old computer the more and more you will encounter updated software that will not install on it. Whatever text or word processing program you choose check compatibility before downloading.

4 replies

May 19, 2021 11:04 AM in response to Nancy_101

Yes, you will not be able to use Pages for iCloud without some kind of Internet connection. As for third party word or text processing alternatives that do not require a connection there are many to choose from--some free, some cost money. Here is a link to a site with some suggestions. https://www.imymac.com/mac-tips/word-processor-for-mac.html. The most often recommended alternative here on the forums (deservedly so) is LibreOffice which is cross platform, compatible with Microsoft Word and totally free.

Pages compatible with my old MacBook Pro 15 inch 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.