Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone11 Pro glitch when using Live wallpaper?

So I noticed this issue when I first got the phone (a year ago). When I go to set a ‘Live photo’ as a wallpaper (one of my own images) it ‘glitches’ out. It begins to play and half of the screen goes black. Can anyone assist? This bug has been on my phone for months. Thank you!

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 18, 2021 1:34 PM

2 replies

May 19, 2021 12:38 PM in response to Lukires

Hi Corey@Apple,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about this matter and are here to help. We would like to ask you a couple of questions in order to get a better understanding. First, what exact version of iOS are you currently using? We ask as the menus and options can change slightly between versions of iOS, and we want to make sure we provide the most accurate steps. You can locate this by going to Settings > General > About. Also, has the device suffer any physical or liquid damage?

We thank you for your answers, they will help guide us to the next troubleshooting step.

May 20, 2021 3:01 AM in response to barberlives123

Thank you for replying back to me.

Okay, the latest software is 14.5.1 (iPhone 11 Pro). The phone has not suffered any damage or liquid damage.

The ‘built in’ Live screen locks work fine. However as you can see, if I set my own and hold the screen down the issue arrises.

The Live image begins to animate on the right side of the screen. But on the Left it bugs out and goes black.

The screen itself is fully functional

Why does my iPhone11 Pro glitch when using Live wallpaper?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.