Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my messages from icloud

How do I get messages from iCloud?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 18, 2021 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 9:19 PM

Your iPhone (or original iPhone) would have to have been configured to sync your messages to iCloud.

You can verify/configure iMessages to sync from iCloud:

Settings -> AppleID -> iCloud -> activate "Messages"

If you had messages syncing before, then you'll see your messages show up. I recommend you always keep this option activated so you never lose any of your messages.

Depending on your Internet connection speeds, it will take a while but it will eventually sync.

This feature alone is one primary reason why I pay for the .99-cent iCloud subscription.  By syncing your messages to iCloud, you'll never lose your messages and they will sync to any other MacOS & iOS device if you so choose.  It's a great way to know you'll never lose them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2021 9:19 PM in response to JenBen21

Your iPhone (or original iPhone) would have to have been configured to sync your messages to iCloud.

You can verify/configure iMessages to sync from iCloud:

Settings -> AppleID -> iCloud -> activate "Messages"

If you had messages syncing before, then you'll see your messages show up. I recommend you always keep this option activated so you never lose any of your messages.

Depending on your Internet connection speeds, it will take a while but it will eventually sync.

This feature alone is one primary reason why I pay for the .99-cent iCloud subscription.  By syncing your messages to iCloud, you'll never lose your messages and they will sync to any other MacOS & iOS device if you so choose.  It's a great way to know you'll never lose them.

How do I get my messages from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.