Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing news articles from apps such as the Guardian or BBC NEWS

My iPad air4 has stopped allowing me to share any news articles, from apps such as the guardian, BBC NEWS ETC. I used to be able to click the upload icon and share on Facebook, messenger, Instagram etc. This option has been removed. I can’t find anything in settings. Would it be related to my refusing cookie sharing? Does anyone know how to reinstate this feature?

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 18, 2021 11:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 3:04 AM

The ability to “share” content is principally a function of the App. Whilst the Operating System is clearly involved, access to (and implementation of) sharing features are determined by the App developer.

Taking the current BBC News App as an example, you can still share links to news articles. Here is an example:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2021 3:04 AM in response to shiralea

The ability to “share” content is principally a function of the App. Whilst the Operating System is clearly involved, access to (and implementation of) sharing features are determined by the App developer.

Taking the current BBC News App as an example, you can still share links to news articles. Here is an example:

Sharing news articles from apps such as the Guardian or BBC NEWS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.