Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ECG app not working S4 44mm iPhone7plus

I have S4 44mm model watch paired with iPhone7 plus running on latest softwares and i am based out on India where ECG app works. i have done my ECG recordings using the same hardware in the past but i am not able to use EGC app anymore.

I see the ECG app on my watch and even with crown held using my finger, the message i see is "Hold your finger on the crown". no matter how much i clean the watch bottom, crown i see the same message.

i have done

1. unpair watch and pair it as new watch,
  2. reset location and privacy
  3. reset setting on my iPhone.

Nothing works. Due to lockdown i cannot visit apple store to get it fixed, needless to say the watch is 3+ yrs old and i don't see Apple would do it for any less than to buy a new AW.

Any help is appreciated.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 18, 2021 11:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 12:37 AM

Thanks, as i said getting to Support is an issue due to Covid situation in my area. However, i got it working by unusual approaches. the second suggestion might be weird for few, so caution :)

1. Apply some gel (i tried a transparent gel based facial cream) on my finger tip and tried, it worked. The analogy is the ECG we get done in a hospital setup. This works and AW gives reading. The 30 secs countdown appears as soon as i place my gel finger on crown.
  2. Place your tongue on crown, does the job. Though it gives a burning sensation after 30 secs, and it lasts for a minute or so. I know what you are thinking.

Doesn't work with moist fingers though. Needless to say, it seems like h/w issue on my AW. Will buy new rather have this fixed.

Peace!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 12:37 AM in response to sterling r

Thanks, as i said getting to Support is an issue due to Covid situation in my area. However, i got it working by unusual approaches. the second suggestion might be weird for few, so caution :)

1. Apply some gel (i tried a transparent gel based facial cream) on my finger tip and tried, it worked. The analogy is the ECG we get done in a hospital setup. This works and AW gives reading. The 30 secs countdown appears as soon as i place my gel finger on crown.
  2. Place your tongue on crown, does the job. Though it gives a burning sensation after 30 secs, and it lasts for a minute or so. I know what you are thinking.

Doesn't work with moist fingers though. Needless to say, it seems like h/w issue on my AW. Will buy new rather have this fixed.

Peace!

May 19, 2021 5:30 PM in response to thatsmanish06

Hello thatsmanish06.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're experiencing issues not being able to use the ECG app with your Apple Watch. Specifically, the ECG app isn't properly responding while attempting to use it. We can understand how this would be an issue.

You're using the correct Apple Watch model in order to use the ECG feature. Additionally, your region does support this watchOS feature as well:

Taking an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4, Series 5, or Series 6 - Apple Support

watchOS - Feature Availability - Apple

You've also done a fantastic job in troubleshooting this specific issue. Since unpairing and re-pairing did not resolve your issue, we recommend that you reach out to Apple Support for additional assistance. They can investigate this issue further with you. Just in case, you can reach them by using the link below:

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Best of luck.

ECG app not working S4 44mm iPhone7plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.