Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Contacts

I recently got an iPhone, and haven't had one in years. Thousands of contacts showed up from when I previously used an iPhone that I would like to delete. How do I delete all and permanently wipe them out from my iCloud contact storage without going one by one?

Posted on May 19, 2021 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 9:30 PM

dkrametbauer Said:

"iCloud Contacts: [...]I am looking for a way to mass delete all contacts from my iCloud account and start fresh.[...]"

-------

Note: Deleting them would delete them from all of your devices, if it is synced with iCloud. So, unsync Contacts in iCloud, and all would seem set from here.

To Disable Syncing with iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: you name(top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts so this it is not green

To Delete All:

Use a computer to perform this, as it would be more user friendly doing so:

1. Go to: https://www.icloud.com/contacts/
  2. Log In: using your credentials
  3. Select All Contacts: Hold Down: [Command key + Press A]
  4. Click: the gear icon (Botton-left corner)
  5. Select: Delete
  6. Click: Delete button
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2021 9:30 PM in response to dkrametbauer

dkrametbauer Said:

"iCloud Contacts: [...]I am looking for a way to mass delete all contacts from my iCloud account and start fresh.[...]"

-------

Note: Deleting them would delete them from all of your devices, if it is synced with iCloud. So, unsync Contacts in iCloud, and all would seem set from here.

To Disable Syncing with iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: you name(top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts so this it is not green

To Delete All:

Use a computer to perform this, as it would be more user friendly doing so:

1. Go to: https://www.icloud.com/contacts/
  2. Log In: using your credentials
  3. Select All Contacts: Hold Down: [Command key + Press A]
  4. Click: the gear icon (Botton-left corner)
  5. Select: Delete
  6. Click: Delete button

May 19, 2021 8:55 PM in response to judysings

Hi judysings,

I appreciate your reply, however this article explains how to delete contacts one at a time. It would take me years to go through 3000 contacts one at a time and delete each one. I am looking for a way to mass delete all contacts from my iCloud account and start fresh. Do you know of any way I can do that? I never want to see these contacts again and I would like to start building my contact list up from scratch.

iCloud Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.