Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad generation

Ipad generation.

How do i know what generation is my ipad? Since purchase was made yesterday Tuesday, May 18, 2021.

I google.

8th gen

Posted on May 19, 2021 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 10:20 AM

What iPad did you buy exactly? Did you buy it new from Apple or an Authorized reseller? If bought directly from Apple it would be the most current generation, but that is different depending on the exact model of iPad you bought. Apple currently sells 5 different models of iPads at different generations for each.

When purchasing it would have been explained what generation you were buying, or at least given a number which would identify a generation. Like iPad Air 4 (4th Generation iPad Air) or an iPad Pro 5 (Fifth Generation of iPad Pro) etc...

Can you tell us what iPad you bought yesterday?

You can also use the following support document to identify yours, though its missing the recently released iPad Pros. 5th generation 12.9" and 3rd Generation 11" iPad Pro. Link-> Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2021 10:20 AM in response to Alouny28

What iPad did you buy exactly? Did you buy it new from Apple or an Authorized reseller? If bought directly from Apple it would be the most current generation, but that is different depending on the exact model of iPad you bought. Apple currently sells 5 different models of iPads at different generations for each.

When purchasing it would have been explained what generation you were buying, or at least given a number which would identify a generation. Like iPad Air 4 (4th Generation iPad Air) or an iPad Pro 5 (Fifth Generation of iPad Pro) etc...

Can you tell us what iPad you bought yesterday?

You can also use the following support document to identify yours, though its missing the recently released iPad Pros. 5th generation 12.9" and 3rd Generation 11" iPad Pro. Link-> Identify your iPad model - Apple Support

Ipad generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.