Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 text notifications

Is anybody else still having the issue of iPhone 11 not giving text notifications? I still have the problem. I think it affects getting messages in my car too.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 19, 2021 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 5:42 AM

Hello,

Hmm, just the standard steps:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

1) Check the silent button above the volume buttons.  Do you see red?  If so, move the slider.

2) Is Do Not Disturb on?  Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.  Is it turned on?  Check the times.

3) Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.  It is turned on?

4) Go to Settings > Sound & Haptics.  Change the "Text Tone" to a different sound.  Does it make a sound?

Note: you can send text messages to yourself for testing purposes.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2021 5:42 AM in response to Sandipenny

Hello,

Hmm, just the standard steps:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

1) Check the silent button above the volume buttons.  Do you see red?  If so, move the slider.

2) Is Do Not Disturb on?  Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb.  Is it turned on?  Check the times.

3) Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.  It is turned on?

4) Go to Settings > Sound & Haptics.  Change the "Text Tone" to a different sound.  Does it make a sound?

Note: you can send text messages to yourself for testing purposes.

Good luck.

iPhone 11 text notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.