Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Safari history is a mess

My history is almost non-existent and some of the items in the history are bizarre (e.g. Addidas Mother's Day gifts). Preferences set to erase after one year. Has the recent upgrade stuffed up the Safari history?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 19, 2021 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 10:19 AM

I'm sorry, this is not really an answer to your question, but I have some thoughts. I believe in regularly clearing the history for my browsers because it is stored in the computer's RAM (memory). When that memory gets too full with that history, plus other things, it affects the functioning of the computer. I regularly restart my computer every week or so and I also clear the browser history every couple of weeks. I have little need to save those historys. If I want to revisit a site, it's saved as a bookmark. Just some things to consider.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2021 10:19 AM in response to bronwen228

I'm sorry, this is not really an answer to your question, but I have some thoughts. I believe in regularly clearing the history for my browsers because it is stored in the computer's RAM (memory). When that memory gets too full with that history, plus other things, it affects the functioning of the computer. I regularly restart my computer every week or so and I also clear the browser history every couple of weeks. I have little need to save those historys. If I want to revisit a site, it's saved as a bookmark. Just some things to consider.

My Safari history is a mess

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.