Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos from iPhone to smart tv

How do I load pictures from my iPhone onto a smart tv

iPhone 6s, 14

Posted on May 20, 2021 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 1:57 PM

Paragon48 wrote:

What I mean is a connection between a smart tv and my iPhone. The correct HDMI etc

Ahh, that clarifies things a bit.

You can use a regular HDMI cable to connect the iPhone to the TV. You just need the Lightning Digital AV Adapter: Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple

That will automatically mirror your iPhone's screen onto the TV.

Alternatively as mentioned if the TV supports Airplay 2, you can do the same thing wirelessly: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2021 1:57 PM in response to Paragon48

Paragon48 wrote:

What I mean is a connection between a smart tv and my iPhone. The correct HDMI etc

Ahh, that clarifies things a bit.

You can use a regular HDMI cable to connect the iPhone to the TV. You just need the Lightning Digital AV Adapter: Lightning Digital AV Adapter - Lightning to HDMI - Apple

That will automatically mirror your iPhone's screen onto the TV.

Alternatively as mentioned if the TV supports Airplay 2, you can do the same thing wirelessly: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device’s screen - Apple Support

May 20, 2021 8:09 AM in response to Paragon48

What do you mean by load? What make and model of smart TV do you have?

Unless the Tv actually has onboard storage to save the photos onto, there would be no loading onto the TV. Loading implies you want to store the photos on the TV, which normally is not possible since TVs don;'t usually have storage space to keep photos in.

If your TV supports AirPlay, you can mirror your iPhone's screen and display the photos on the TV. Different than loading them.

If you TV has an App that allows this, then you could use the App again to display the photos, rather than, loading them on the TV.

You will need to provide more details about what you want to do, and the TV in question if you want more specific help.

Photos from iPhone to smart tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.