Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

export a complete Mail folder to a Gmail account

I need to export a complete Mail folder - including subfolders with all messages - to a Gmail account.

Is there a way to do this without doing it message by message ?

Thanks

Gérald

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 20, 2021 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 11:37 AM

Hello Geral Lechault,

Thank you for posting on Apple Support Communities. Looks like you read How to use the Mail app on your Mac to move, delete, or copy iCloud email.

If you are trying to export a folder in iCloud mail you should be able to do it. First, open the Mail App - Look for the folder - Right click the folder and choose 'Export' From here you can choose to save it wherever you want.

Additionally, if you have your Gmail account in the built in macOS Mail app you should also be able to just drag and drop it between mail accounts without having to go and sign in to Gmail.com

Check out this other article if you'd like to learn more: Organize email on your Mac.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 11:37 AM in response to Gerald Lechault

Hello Geral Lechault,

Thank you for posting on Apple Support Communities. Looks like you read How to use the Mail app on your Mac to move, delete, or copy iCloud email.

If you are trying to export a folder in iCloud mail you should be able to do it. First, open the Mail App - Look for the folder - Right click the folder and choose 'Export' From here you can choose to save it wherever you want.

Additionally, if you have your Gmail account in the built in macOS Mail app you should also be able to just drag and drop it between mail accounts without having to go and sign in to Gmail.com

Check out this other article if you'd like to learn more: Organize email on your Mac.

Take care.

May 22, 2021 2:58 AM in response to Chris_C1

Hi Chris and thank you for the reply.

I tried both methods that you suggest.

The export created a MBox file which I sent to the person that needs to recieve the copy of all those folders, but it could not be decrypted by Gmail.

I also copied the whole folder's structure within my Gmail account in the MacOS Mail app, but it only created the folders and subfolders structure, without any messages. I could see that the app was copying messages (1200 of them) but they were nowhere to be seen when the process seemed to have ended. And no error message from the app.

export a complete Mail folder to a Gmail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.