Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not enough storage space

I have a new iPhone 12 pro and can't sync my iPhone up to it because I don't have enough storage space?! I would've to talk to someone about this. I've spent far too many days going through and deleting things... and it's still not ok..

Posted on May 20, 2021 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 9:40 AM

You cannot increase storage of an iPhone. However, you can optimize iPhone Storage by using iCloud Storage. Save space on your device

Settings > [your name] > iCloud Tap Photos > Choose Optimize [device] Storage Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

You can buy iCloud Storage. --> Buy more iCloud storage - Apple Support

You can manage your storage --> How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Manage your Storage --> Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Your photos are always available for both iPhone and iCloud. You delete it on the iPhone it is gone from iCloud and vice-versa. To save space on your iPhone use optimized iPhone storage. Remember, if you delete in one it is deleted everywhere.

Get started with iCloud Photos:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  1. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  1. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2021 9:40 AM in response to rworple

You cannot increase storage of an iPhone. However, you can optimize iPhone Storage by using iCloud Storage. Save space on your device

Settings > [your name] > iCloud Tap Photos > Choose Optimize [device] Storage Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

You can buy iCloud Storage. --> Buy more iCloud storage - Apple Support

You can manage your storage --> How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Manage your Storage --> Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Your photos are always available for both iPhone and iCloud. You delete it on the iPhone it is gone from iCloud and vice-versa. To save space on your iPhone use optimized iPhone storage. Remember, if you delete in one it is deleted everywhere.

Get started with iCloud Photos:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  1. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  1. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

May 20, 2021 9:53 AM in response to rworple

rworple Said:

"not enough storage space: I have a new iPhone 12 pro and can't sync my iPhone up to it because I don't have enough storage space?! I would've to talk to someone about this. I've spent far too many days going through and deleting things... and it's still not ok.."

-------

Try Clearing Space:

You need to free up internal storage. So, consider performing the following...

A. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

Also..

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

C. Clear "Other":

Clear the storages named "Other". It basically contains unnecessary files such as caches that are used for system ease of use - all of which gather over time: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips

III. Use iCloud Storage, if an Option:

If an option in your location/region ou can use iCloud storage, and access it if and when possible and available.

Go Here: iCloud Storage Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

not enough storage space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.