Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got a new iPad generation 8. Trying to set up a new iTunes account. First time user. Can you help

Trying to set up iTunes for a new account on a generation 8 iPad. Having a problem

Posted on May 20, 2021 6:11 PM

5 replies

May 20, 2021 7:41 PM in response to markwmsn

My husband is a musician and he has recorded music on an old I pad that we want to get put on the new iPad. The problem is with the iTunes account I have on my laptop. I do not want to syn them together because there is a problem with mine and I want him to have a new iTunes account on his new iPad. But we are having trouble trying to get iTunes onto the new iPad which is a generation 8. Can someone help me get iTunes onto this iPad?

May 20, 2021 8:13 PM in response to Nonna69

I’m still a bit confused on just what you are wanting.

Are you looking for an app named “iTunes” on the new iPad? The app named “Music” replaces the music portion of the old iTunes app on new systems.

…or are trying to set up a new account on the new iPad but somehow connect it to existing music under a different account? If so, please explain how you have been trying and how it goes wrong..

May 21, 2021 6:07 AM in response to markwmsn

Down at the bottom of the iPad there is the music icon. What he has done is record live music through a program on my laptop and they have the iPad connected to the laptop so the music gets loaded onto the iPad that way. It is just the back ground music being recorded. Now when we got the first iPad for the group, another member of the group signed into it, so it was under their name. Then it started acting up so they got another on and everything was just synced over to the new (second) one which was fine at the time. Now that person has left the group and a new person came in. Everything still fine until a couple of months the person who left got an update on their personal iPad and so she put the update through which effected the iPad that was being used by my husband because ours is still in her name. So we bought another iPad (#3) which I put in my husbands name and now we need to transfer somehow the recorded music from iPad (#2) and get it into iPad (#3) without any of her information on iTunes syncing over to the new iPad (3). I hope need to have the music account in my husbands name and you just can’t put iTunes on an iPad like you can a laptop. I was going to try and open an account in his name on my laptop and try to transfer the music to it on my laptop but I am not a tech. I hope this explains it better.

May 21, 2021 2:25 PM in response to Nonna69

You can't even put iTunes onto a current Mac laptop. It has been broken into several pieces including Music, and part of its function moved into Finder.

That music certainly has had a complex history with a couple of problematic twists. Personnel turnover, devices connected to one user being used by another, and music stranded on an iPad instead of a laptop/desktop.

One of your biggest problems is that the the laptop->iPad sync function via iTunes is one-way. What you really need to do is track down the last laptop that pushed the music to the iPad(s), then hope the music is still there to copy to another laptop or desktop for storage and for eventual distribution to your iPad(s).

You said that the music all came to the iPads through your laptop. Do you still have a copy there? If so, the copies on the various iPads is irrelevant; you can just transfer from your laptop.

Got a new iPad generation 8. Trying to set up a new iTunes account. First time user. Can you help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.