Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue on downloading Photos from iCloud to App Foto in Macbook

Hallo,

I am trying to save space on my iCloud.

I want to download the original Photos from iCloud to the application Photo in my MacBook.

I already activated the funcion "Download Originals to this Mac" in Settings of Photo application.

It started downloading the Photos and videos and now it stopped. For two days it didn´t download any other photo.

Is there a way to boost the downloading?

Now I cannot understad which photos are downloaded and wich photos are not.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you very much

Posted on May 20, 2021 11:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 5:23 AM

You could try exporting all of the photos, this will force a download.

Select unmodified originals for export as this is quicker and due to the wonders of APFS if the photo is already in your library it will not take up any more space on your hard drive because of the way linked files work.

Similar questions

2 replies

May 21, 2021 5:43 AM in response to Russ New Boy

Your alternative is to create a new empty library - set that to be the system library, and then let photos download the complete library from iCloud.

If you are short on space on your system drive for this, you could temporarily put the new library on a correctly formatted (APFS or MacOS extended) external volume. Once the pictures are downloaded, you could swap the new library with the part complete one.

Issue on downloading Photos from iCloud to App Foto in Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.