Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 Hinge problem

I've bought the new MacBook Air M1 about a month ago and I have noticed a creaking noise every time I shut the lid down after having it open for a good amount of time. This noise isn't there when I open it and close it immediately though. It only happens when I close the lid after a while. I don't know if this is normal or if I should take it to a service person. I'm also wondering if it would be covered under warranty if there was any problem with the hinge. (It's a new laptop and I have not dropped it or damaged it in any way).

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on May 21, 2021 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 3:53 AM

Trust there is no Screen Protect been applies and or Keyboard Protector in use. The tolerance between the screen and keyboard is so small - anything on either Screen or Keyboard could cause damages to both and may have come into play with the hinge issue being experienced.

Similar questions

3 replies

MacBook Air M1 Hinge problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.