Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web browsing - Parental Controls on Apple Watch

We bought our 10 Y/O son an Apple Watch to keep him safe by knowing his location and being able to communicate with him. Unfortunately, someone sent him a text with links to **** images/videos, and when he clicked on them (not knowing what they were) a web browser opened and displayed the images/videos with no filter. After he showed me this, I looked for a browser on the watch and there isn't one to disable. I also discovered that you can say "hey Siri, show me pictures of xxx." and again a browser pulls up images of whatever you are searching for. We immediately took his watch away until we can find a solution to block web browsing or set up parental controls on the Apple Watch. So far I have not been able to find a way to do this on the Apple watch. This seems like a huge liability for Apple. Please help!

Posted on May 21, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 1:33 PM

As part of setting up the watch, you should have had to setup Family Sharing as well. As the family organizer you should be able to restrict the web sites your son can visit. See the 'Prevent web content' section in:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

But, of course, the watch doesn't actually have a browser, so I am not sure if that will help or not. If it doesn't, I suggest you contact Apple Support because I agree that seems like a huge security vulnerability issue that Apple should be aware of. You should also make this known to Apple using:

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 1:33 PM in response to JB-dad

As part of setting up the watch, you should have had to setup Family Sharing as well. As the family organizer you should be able to restrict the web sites your son can visit. See the 'Prevent web content' section in:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

But, of course, the watch doesn't actually have a browser, so I am not sure if that will help or not. If it doesn't, I suggest you contact Apple Support because I agree that seems like a huge security vulnerability issue that Apple should be aware of. You should also make this known to Apple using:

Product Feedback - Apple

Web browsing - Parental Controls on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.