Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp green banner not working

I have an iPhone 11pro and ever since I can remember I cannot get back to the call interface while on a WhatsApp call. For example, I connect to a WhatsApp call and have the option to go back to my WhatsApp chats for whatever reason, and a green banner remains at the top of the phone which I SHOULD be able to press to get back to the call interface to mute/switch to video/end the call. I cannot do this, wherever I press on the banner it just scrolls and scrolls my whatsapp threads. I have tried relentlessly to get WhatsApp to help but they’re unsurprisingly hopeless. I’ve heard you have to press the green bit where the time is but that still does not work. Please help, it’s starting to drive me nuts.

Posted on May 22, 2021 4:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 7:33 AM

I have contacted WhatsApp support 11 times, no one has been remotely helpful. All they’ve done is suggest I update my phone, update the app, or restart my phone. I was hoping someone on here has had the same issue and might be able to shed some light. Thanks.

2 replies

May 23, 2021 7:28 AM in response to Nona0910__

Hi Nona0910__,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with WhatsApp and pressing the green banner in the app.

Since this is a third-party app, we can offer these steps to try: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open.

Ultimately, you may need to contact WhatsApp support again.

Have a fantastic day!

WhatsApp green banner not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.