You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can be the Logo light up?

According to some sources, I got to know that the Apple logo can be light up in newer MacBook like MacBook Pro M1 by installing Mac Flash Player.

Is it true?

Please share your ideas 👍🏻

Posted on May 22, 2021 5:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 5:51 AM

Good grief, where do people find such silliness? No, it is not true. I don’t know the source of your quoted text, but it is 100% nonsense. Do not download anything based on such a ridiculous message.

5 replies

May 22, 2021 8:15 AM in response to Bhabani_India

'Logo lighting up' was accomplished in older models by machining out a hole in the aluminum display-cover in the shape of the white Apple logo. When the screen backlight lit up, the logo would glow.

That feature was removed, possibly because the display backlighting is done a different way (with too little light spilling out the back), or possibly for no longer being able to meet EMI-RFI shielding requirements, or possibly as a cost reduction.

May 22, 2021 9:56 AM in response to Bhabani_India

Bhabani_India wrote:

According to some sources, I got to know that the Apple logo can be light up in newer MacBook like MacBook Pro M1 by installing Mac Flash Player.

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/519667fe-ac46-420d-b5dc-7850ad1ce8d6

Is it true?

Please share your ideas 👍🏻

This sounds like a phishing attempt to install malware/adware...

The backlit Apple logo is no more, starting about 2016 this feature has been removed.

You can submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Can be the Logo light up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.