You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live wallpaper not working

So I have used live wallpaper before. I have an IPhone 11 and usually works fine but now I set a new live wallpaper on my lock screen. It doesnt work at all if my phone is locked but if I unlock it it works perfectly fine. How can i fix it so that I can play it regardless?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 22, 2021 6:39 AM

3 replies

May 23, 2021 8:28 AM in response to ChloeMarie_

Hi ChloeMarie_ ,

We understand you have some questions about Live Wallpaper and how it's working on your iPhone 11. We're happy to help out.

So we're on the same page, was the Live Wallpaper set for the Home screen, Lock screen or Both? The reason we ask is that the behavior you're describing, sounds like the Live Wallpaper was set for the Home screen. We have some more information about setting up the wallpaper here:

Change the wallpaper on your iPhone

Please let us know what you find and we'll go from there!

Have a great day.

May 27, 2021 2:09 PM in response to ChloeMarie_

Hi ChloeMarie_,

We really appreciate you sending these additional details over to us. In order for the Live Wallpaper to move, the iPhone has to detect that someone is looking at the screen. If Attention Aware or Face ID are disabled, you may need to unlock the iPhone first. This allows the iPhone to detect that someone is using the phone, and the wallpaper will move.

If you'd like to see this feature change in the future, we encourage you to submit feedback at Product Feedback

All the best.

Live wallpaper not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.