Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATMOS issues in Apple TV+ shows

I’ve experienced a couple issues with ATMOS sound in Apple TV+ shows. My setup is Apple TV 4K (gen 1) connected to Denon AVR-3600H, both have their latest firmware. These issues, which are repeatable, have only occurred with Apple TV+ shows in ATMOS:

In “The Long Way Up” dialogue audio shifts erratically across the front speakers, often emanating from the wrong speaker for brief moments (ie the left speaker when it should be coming from center). This happens increasingly during later episodes in the series.

in “Mosquito Coast” there is significant distortion in the Right Top Middle speaker occurring after episode 4. It sounded like the speaker was failing or had a bad connection. I have worked extensively as a sound engineer so I set out to troubleshoot the equipment, eventually discovering no hardware problem and that this issue only occurs when playing “The Mosquito Coast.” This issue does not occur when watching other ATMOS shows, not even other Apple TV+ shows (at least not discovered yet).

Are other people experiencing these problems? Are there known issues in the mix or encoding of these Apple TV+ shows?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on May 22, 2021 7:29 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

ATMOS issues in Apple TV+ shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.