Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double sound on facebook massenger

Okay so everything was fine for six months ever since I got my 12 mini. I used to have this issue when I first installed FB Messenger (in the beginning but not for awhile now) - if I receive several messages from the same person, the first comes with the Messenger notification but the second (and all the other messages after that) come with the default iPhone notification sound. It’s driving me insane because for the life of me I can’t figure out how to turn this feature off. I want to hear only one type of notification for specific app.

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on May 23, 2021 1:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 1:26 AM

Messenger is not an Apple product. Contact the app developer here --> App Support or Messenger Help Center | Facebook

9 replies

Jul 11, 2021 2:59 AM in response to 100tv

I have the exact same issue and I am going insane. I've sent Messenger Help numerous messages and have received nothing back. I am starting to think this is an IOS issue and not an app issue. Does anyone have an update on this issue? I've update the Messenger app multiple times since this issue has occurred and the problem still persists. I've even reset my phone to factory settings and the problem is still there! Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Jul 11, 2021 7:51 AM in response to Sueperbly

Yes, it is the tri tone. I haven’t responded sooner because I tried to find it in my Settings since neither Mail nor any other app use this sound. The first notification when someone texts me is always the default Messenger sound and any following notifications by the same person come with this tri tone you mentioned. I still haven’t heard back from their team but all other iOS friends have the same issue.

Double sound on facebook massenger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.