Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New to Apple, just bought an Apple TV 4k - Getting close to sending it back...

I just bought my first Apple product, Apple TV 4k. I have no other Apple products and have no interest in using or installing iTunes on my PC. Is there any way to use Apple TV?

This experience has been very frustrating, typing my password in a million times, only to get to screen telling me to login on an apple device, or on a PC. Go on the PC, do what they tell you, type in password again. loop to infinity...

seems the only way to properly use an Apple TV is to already be part of the Apple ecosystem, or be forced to install iTunes on my PC.

Posted on May 23, 2021 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 8:26 AM

To use almost any Apple product, you will need a registered Apple ID account. To use the App Store (to install additional apps), and to use Apple media services, you will need an Apple ID account with some more requirements*. To use the feature of Home Sharing, you will need a computer with iTunes, or a Mac with the Apple TV app. A lot of account management is done on a computer with iTunes, or a Mac with the Apple TV app. You are making the experience much more difficult, when trying to do it without iTunes.

* Your Apple ID account needs to have a verified email address, by following the instructions in the email message right after creating the account. Your Apple ID account needs a valid billing address, in part to establish your home country. Your Apple ID account needs a valid payment method to use any service that requires payment at some time, even free trials.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes
If you created a new Apple ID on the web and see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes, follow the steps below for your device: 
• On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Open Settings, then tap "Sign into device" and sign in with your Apple ID.
• On a Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then select Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID
• On an Apple TV: Sign in to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Music with your Apple ID. 
• On a PC: Sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID.
• On an Android device: Sign in to Apple Music on Android with your Apple ID.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 8:26 AM in response to Luxferro

To use almost any Apple product, you will need a registered Apple ID account. To use the App Store (to install additional apps), and to use Apple media services, you will need an Apple ID account with some more requirements*. To use the feature of Home Sharing, you will need a computer with iTunes, or a Mac with the Apple TV app. A lot of account management is done on a computer with iTunes, or a Mac with the Apple TV app. You are making the experience much more difficult, when trying to do it without iTunes.

* Your Apple ID account needs to have a verified email address, by following the instructions in the email message right after creating the account. Your Apple ID account needs a valid billing address, in part to establish your home country. Your Apple ID account needs a valid payment method to use any service that requires payment at some time, even free trials.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

If you see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes
If you created a new Apple ID on the web and see a message that you need to sign in to iTunes, follow the steps below for your device: 
• On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Open Settings, then tap "Sign into device" and sign in with your Apple ID.
• On a Mac: Choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then select Apple ID and sign in with your Apple ID
• On an Apple TV: Sign in to the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Music with your Apple ID. 
• On a PC: Sign in to iTunes with your Apple ID.
• On an Android device: Sign in to Apple Music on Android with your Apple ID.

New to Apple, just bought an Apple TV 4k - Getting close to sending it back...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.