Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2017

My mac book pro 2017 screen display has been affected by horizontal lines...could you please help, let me know if I can fix this issue myself.

Posted on May 23, 2021 11:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 4:18 PM

Unless the lines are caused by a software issue, then no you cannot fix a hardware based issue yourself especially with the USB-C Macs. Connect an external display and enable mirroring. Do the lines occur on the external display as well? If not, then the built-in display is bad. If the lines appear on both displays, then either the laptop has a GPU issue or you have a software issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2021 4:18 PM in response to Brenelle68

Unless the lines are caused by a software issue, then no you cannot fix a hardware based issue yourself especially with the USB-C Macs. Connect an external display and enable mirroring. Do the lines occur on the external display as well? If not, then the built-in display is bad. If the lines appear on both displays, then either the laptop has a GPU issue or you have a software issue.

MacBook Pro 2017

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.