Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

eSim eats battery life

Since I use eSim on Iphone 12 pro Max battery is going down even though I do not use the phone. Unfortunately I have no choice because I need to have 2 sim cards: one is eSim and the other is physical sim. How can I solve the problem? I bought this Iphone for battery life but now I see it s not worth it...

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 23, 2021 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2021 1:12 PM

eSIM does not use battery any more than a physical SIM does. However, being connected to 2 networks uses more energy than being connected to one network. Your phone is always using energy, whether you are actively using it or not. The phone periodically registers with each of the networks, which uses some energy, and it the network signal is weak this registration can be very expensive energy-wise. There are also a lot of other processes running, such as text and email retrieval, notifications from apps, any automatically updating web pages that you have open, syncing with iCloud, etc.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2021 1:12 PM in response to sissimariposa

eSIM does not use battery any more than a physical SIM does. However, being connected to 2 networks uses more energy than being connected to one network. Your phone is always using energy, whether you are actively using it or not. The phone periodically registers with each of the networks, which uses some energy, and it the network signal is weak this registration can be very expensive energy-wise. There are also a lot of other processes running, such as text and email retrieval, notifications from apps, any automatically updating web pages that you have open, syncing with iCloud, etc.

eSim eats battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.