Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Game Apps Keep Shutting down with 7th genearation iPad

I have an iPad 7th Generation, Software 14.4.2, Capacity 32 GB, Available 5.95 GB.

When playing games, (Match Triple 3D, Match Fun 3D, Z Mad Magic Puzzle) we click in the icon to start, a window opens up, and then a few seconds later, the screen goes blank then reverts to the home page.

I did a software up date. Turned the iPad off then on again. I also tried to open the App Store app, to check on updating the game versions, but that also had a similar issue where the App Store app would start for a few seconds, then go blank , and back to the home page.

I need any help you can offer. Thanks

(Also why is iPad 7th generation not listed as one of the iPad model options?)

iPad (6th gen) WiFi, Cellular

Posted on May 23, 2021 1:24 PM

3 replies

May 23, 2021 9:01 PM in response to sberman

Sberman;

Thanks for your response. Funny, just two days ago, I got the iPad to do a software update because of the shutdown issues.

It took over an hour to do that. I thought I was updated. I am doing another software update now. (iPadOS 14.5.1)

Earlier today I did a complete shut down and restart, and that seemed to resolve the issue on the app we checked. (Match Triple 3D)

I hope it works on the other apps too.

IPad Game Apps Keep Shutting down with 7th genearation iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.