Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bose 700 sound bar

Set up Bose 700 sound bar with appletv

Posted on May 23, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 6:17 AM

q1: Apple TV on hdmi 1 Bose sound bar on hdmi 2 with is the arc port. The only way I can get audio is with the cable. Audio return isn’t working for the Apple TV... I have a ps3 on hdmi 4 and that is working on volume.

Set Apple TV to

- Audio Output: TV speakers, to use audio over HDMI.

- Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1 or Stereo, if your audio system isn’t capable of handling PCM Multichannel (‘Auto’).

q2: is there a way to configure the bos remote for Apple tv

No, probably not. But you may be able to do the reverse: use the Apple TV Remote for the Bose, if it has an IR receptor for remotes.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 6:17 AM in response to rich110

q1: Apple TV on hdmi 1 Bose sound bar on hdmi 2 with is the arc port. The only way I can get audio is with the cable. Audio return isn’t working for the Apple TV... I have a ps3 on hdmi 4 and that is working on volume.

Set Apple TV to

- Audio Output: TV speakers, to use audio over HDMI.

- Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1 or Stereo, if your audio system isn’t capable of handling PCM Multichannel (‘Auto’).

No, probably not. But you may be able to do the reverse: use the Apple TV Remote for the Bose, if it has an IR receptor for remotes.

May 23, 2021 5:53 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Having difficulty setting up a Samsung tv with Apple TV 4K and Bose 700 sound bar.

May 23, 2021 5:54 PM in response to rich110

Having difficulty setting up a Samsung tv with Apple TV 4K and Bose 700 sound bar.

q1: Apple TV on hdmi 1 Bose sound bar on hdmi 2 with is the arc port. The only way I can get audio is with the optical cable. Audio return isn’t working for the Apple TV... I have a ps3 on hdmi 4 and that is working on volume.

q2: is there a way to configure the bos remote for Apple TV

Jun 19, 2021 12:39 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Is there a way to control the Bose 700 with the Siri remote (I have a Samsung frame TV)? I've tried toggling CEC settings between Apple 4k TV, the soundbar, and Samsung TV. I set up the soundbar on a Logitech universal remote and tried to get the Apple TV to learn a new remote that way (it won't do it with the Bose "universal" remote). I am all out of ideas. I can turn the TV on and off with the Siri remote, but can't control Bose Soundbar volume. The Soundbar is connected through Optical. That's the final piece of this puzzle. Can anyone help here?

Bose 700 sound bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.