Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix 11800 error only on Apple TVs

Right now with my Apple TV 4K I can barely watch Netflix without it throwing error 11800. That error points to some network or DNS issue. Netflix on the my Nvidia Shield works without issues. On the Apple TV the error sometimes pops up instantly sometimes within 30 min.

We use Philo, Disney Plus, Hulu, Discovery Plus, Plex and various streaming music platforms daily without any issues. The issue is with Netflix and only when using an Apple TV.

My setup: Unifi Dream Machine Pro 1.9.3 I do have IPS on but i'm not seeing anything blocked. 2 different Apple TV 4K (TvOS 14.5) wired ethernet. Speed tests at 930 with the Speedtest.net app. ISP Spectrum 940 down 40 up

What I have done: Multiple Apple TV restarts, Reinstalling Netflix, Factory reset Apple TV Pulled power from the Apple TV, Manually tried Google, Quad9 and Cloudflare DNS on the Apple TVs, and even tried the new ATV 2021 same issue.

I don’t want the answer to be to drop the Apple TVs as we are an Apple house and we like them except for this issue.

What else can I try?

Posted on May 23, 2021 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 2:24 AM

Set your Apple TV’s network settings to use Auto IP and Auto DNS, to have it get those properties from your router. Set your router to use the DNS from your ISP (automatically). None of that third party DNS is effective.

Also restart the router and optional other network gear.

Don’t use a VPN.

Netflix Error -11800 - Netflix Help Center

The error does have to do with network configuration, so that is where the solution lies.

You already did the check on software, and even reinstalling didn’t improve the situation.

Some ISPs have proxy arrangements with Netflix. If your ISP is among those, then it might be wise to contact your ISP about Netflix specific issues.

I don’t want the answer to be to drop the Apple TVs

Of course. None of the serious regulars on this forum would ever suggest that.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 2:24 AM in response to Twennywonn

Set your Apple TV’s network settings to use Auto IP and Auto DNS, to have it get those properties from your router. Set your router to use the DNS from your ISP (automatically). None of that third party DNS is effective.

Also restart the router and optional other network gear.

Don’t use a VPN.

Netflix Error -11800 - Netflix Help Center

The error does have to do with network configuration, so that is where the solution lies.

You already did the check on software, and even reinstalling didn’t improve the situation.

Some ISPs have proxy arrangements with Netflix. If your ISP is among those, then it might be wise to contact your ISP about Netflix specific issues.

I don’t want the answer to be to drop the Apple TVs

Of course. None of the serious regulars on this forum would ever suggest that.

Netflix 11800 error only on Apple TVs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.