Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About software update

In my phone i have struck with 12.5.3 software its not updating to another software it is not upgrading i cannot use latest apps

Posted on May 23, 2021 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 12:07 AM

Sundaragiri Said:

"About software update: In my phone i have struck with 12.5.3 software its not updating to another software it is not upgrading i cannot use latest apps"

-------

Looking to update your iPhone?

What to do:

A. Go Here: Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

B. Verify Compatibility:

What are you looking to update to? Your iPhone model (iPhone 6) cannot be updated to iOS13 and iOS14.. So, if updating is not an option, then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS versions. That's just the way it is :(

Important:

C. Back Up First:

If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 12:07 AM in response to Sundaragiri

Sundaragiri Said:

"About software update: In my phone i have struck with 12.5.3 software its not updating to another software it is not upgrading i cannot use latest apps"

-------

Looking to update your iPhone?

What to do:

A. Go Here: Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

B. Verify Compatibility:

What are you looking to update to? Your iPhone model (iPhone 6) cannot be updated to iOS13 and iOS14.. So, if updating is not an option, then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS versions. That's just the way it is :(

Important:

C. Back Up First:

If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update.

About software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.