Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I blacklist and make an iphone useless if it was stolen new and unactivated from my retail shop?

An iphone was stolen from our shop here in Greece and I want to lock it (make it useless) but my local Apple support service told me that I must know the Apple ID to do so but how can I know the Apple ID of the thieve??

The phone was stolen new, sealed, from the package that came from my supplier. This means that it could be stolen anywhere from Germany (where my supplier is) to here at my shop (Thessaloniki, Greece).

It was activated about a month ago.

So I dont know in which country it is, I dont which carrier they use and I dont know what is the Apple ID.

There must be a way!

If anyone knows please let me know!

Thank you!

Posted on May 24, 2021 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 6:36 AM

The only feature Apple offers is the Find My feature. It has to be set up before a device is stolen and if you are selling new phones then that won't have been done so you can't use it.

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices - https://support.apple.com/HT210400

"Blacklisting" is done by the carrier providing cell service to a device. You can call the carriers in your area to see if they offer this service; Apple does not do this.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 6:36 AM in response to NatasaAngelidou

The only feature Apple offers is the Find My feature. It has to be set up before a device is stolen and if you are selling new phones then that won't have been done so you can't use it.

Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, and other devices - https://support.apple.com/HT210400

"Blacklisting" is done by the carrier providing cell service to a device. You can call the carriers in your area to see if they offer this service; Apple does not do this.

May 25, 2021 12:58 AM in response to Limnos

The device was sealed, unactivated so there is to Apple ID and as a result no Find My was activated!

As for the carriers, I could contact the three networks available here in Greece but since there was no sim card installed there is nothing they can do. Also, the phone could have been stolen in Germany so I would have to find and inform the German carriers as well!!

How can I blacklist and make an iphone useless if it was stolen new and unactivated from my retail shop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.