Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer for iphone

How do I assign my printer and not use “air printer”?

iPhone 12 mini, 14

Posted on May 24, 2021 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 6:59 AM

jfulcher43 wrote:

Lawrence, I have had iPhones for several years with IOS and have always been able to print to my HP Pro All in one printer until now. We have moved to an area without internet and now I have a private “Hotspot” and it only gives me an option for an @air printer”?

AirPrint is how you print on an iPad or iPhone without vendor drivers.

This unless the vendor provides some other app for that, as some do.

If you would like us to troubleshoot this for you, please post the full and exact model name for this HP printer.

HP offers many printers, with overlapping identities and names, and sometimes very different printers with the same number.

Click or tap on the following blue-text link for a general intro to, and a partial list of AirPrint-capable printers:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 6:59 AM in response to jfulcher43

jfulcher43 wrote:

Lawrence, I have had iPhones for several years with IOS and have always been able to print to my HP Pro All in one printer until now. We have moved to an area without internet and now I have a private “Hotspot” and it only gives me an option for an @air printer”?

AirPrint is how you print on an iPad or iPhone without vendor drivers.

This unless the vendor provides some other app for that, as some do.

If you would like us to troubleshoot this for you, please post the full and exact model name for this HP printer.

HP offers many printers, with overlapping identities and names, and sometimes very different printers with the same number.

Click or tap on the following blue-text link for a general intro to, and a partial list of AirPrint-capable printers:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Printer for iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.