Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrading from OS X El Capitan

How to upgrade from OS X El Capitan. When we upgrade from the apple menu, it opens the app store and says no updates available. I don't think the computer has been updated ever! It's not working properly. Any advice on how to upgrade!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 24, 2021 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 8:17 AM

otter2mn Said:

"upgrading from OS X El Capitan: How to upgrade from OS X El Capitan. When we upgrade from the apple menu, it opens the app store and says no updates available. I don't think the computer has been updated ever! It's not working properly. Any advice on how to upgrade!"

-------

Upgrade to High Sierra First:

If you want to upgrade, the Catalina*** may be the Highest you can go. So, to do that, you need to upgrade to High Sierra first, then proceed with the upgrade. Use this Link: How to Get Old Versions of macOS - Apple Support

***macOS Catalina is Compatible with these Computers - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 8:17 AM in response to otter2mn

otter2mn Said:

"upgrading from OS X El Capitan: How to upgrade from OS X El Capitan. When we upgrade from the apple menu, it opens the app store and says no updates available. I don't think the computer has been updated ever! It's not working properly. Any advice on how to upgrade!"

-------

Upgrade to High Sierra First:

If you want to upgrade, the Catalina*** may be the Highest you can go. So, to do that, you need to upgrade to High Sierra first, then proceed with the upgrade. Use this Link: How to Get Old Versions of macOS - Apple Support

***macOS Catalina is Compatible with these Computers - Apple Support

upgrading from OS X El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.