Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I unwittingly took a free trail and I was charged for it today although I have not used it, can I request for a refund?

Requesting for a refund for a free trail

Posted on May 24, 2021 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 1:30 PM

You'll need to cancel it first. Free trials will normally renew into paid subscriptions if not cancelled at least 24 hours before they are set to renew. Follow the steps here to cancel it: link-> How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Once you have correctly cancelled the subscription, then use there "contact Apple Support" link in the support article you posted from to contact Apple support and request a refund. Note that Apple is under no obligation to grant you one, but you can still try regardless and they are usually nice enough to grant one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 1:30 PM in response to sailo144

You'll need to cancel it first. Free trials will normally renew into paid subscriptions if not cancelled at least 24 hours before they are set to renew. Follow the steps here to cancel it: link-> How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Once you have correctly cancelled the subscription, then use there "contact Apple Support" link in the support article you posted from to contact Apple support and request a refund. Note that Apple is under no obligation to grant you one, but you can still try regardless and they are usually nice enough to grant one.

I unwittingly took a free trail and I was charged for it today although I have not used it, can I request for a refund?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.