Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro web browsers not working ?

I have a 2013 15" Macbook pro with the latest updates from Big Sur.

it works fine with a USB network dongle but not with the built in Apple network card.

Using a USB network dongle everything works fine.

Previously this Macbook Pro was working fine with the Apple network card but not it does not work properly.

Using the Macbook with the built-in Apple network card I can access my home network NAS drives and other computers on my home network fine using Wifi.

The Macbook connects to home Wifi fine sometimes and other times it does not.

When I try to go online with a web browser the web browsers can not access the internet ?

I have tried several web browsers with no success.

The fact that the macbook works fine with an external USB network dongle and web browsers work fine leads me to believe there is something wrong with the Macbook Apple network setup.

Maybe some service was turn off by accident ?

The fact that "Finder" can browse my home network fine leads me to believe the Apple network card

is working properly.

So my conclusion is that some sort of web browser related service on the macbook was turn off or disabled by accident. A service that is directly associated with the Apple network card.

Can you help ?

I have a fresh install of "Big Sur"

Posted on May 24, 2021 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 1:44 PM

From your description, I would guess that there is a problem with the built in Apple network card. But that is not my area of expertise, so I could be wrong.

Have you tried running this:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-wireless-diagnostics-mchlf4de377f/mac

1 reply

Macbook pro web browsers not working ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.