Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the microphone orange light is on how do I shut it off on iPhone 10

my microphone indictor light is no volume is very low

Posted on May 24, 2021 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 2:34 PM

Not quite sure what you’re asking here.

The orange or red indicator (color depending on the background color chosen) means some app is using the microphone.

There’s no way to shut off the indicator without ceasing use of the microphone.

if you’re asking about which app is using the microphone, the Control Center (swipe down from the upper right of your display) will show you the app last using the microphone in the top center of the Control Center display.

If this is less about the “hot mike” red or orange indicator and you’re concerned about the microphone volume, tried restarting the iPhone?

Click or tap on each of the following blue-text links for more info:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 2:34 PM in response to tamora272

Not quite sure what you’re asking here.

The orange or red indicator (color depending on the background color chosen) means some app is using the microphone.

There’s no way to shut off the indicator without ceasing use of the microphone.

if you’re asking about which app is using the microphone, the Control Center (swipe down from the upper right of your display) will show you the app last using the microphone in the top center of the Control Center display.

If this is less about the “hot mike” red or orange indicator and you’re concerned about the microphone volume, tried restarting the iPhone?

Click or tap on each of the following blue-text links for more info:

Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working - Apple Support

the microphone orange light is on how do I shut it off on iPhone 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.