Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to my old photos in iCloud? Why have they disappeared if I didn't delete them?

Looking for old photos in my iCloud account and the oldest photos have disappeared. Did iCloud delete them? How do I get them back?

Posted on May 24, 2021 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 8:47 PM

hillary252 Said:

"Yes, I have. These are not photos I deleted they’re just old."

-------

Consumption of Data:

As you use up space, older items are deleted, and then new items take their place. So, if your storage is full, then that is why they are gone - they were revoked to make way for news items. So, this is a pure example as to why to make a backup of your libraries and devices.

What to Consider:

Restore from a Backup:

Have a recent backup that has these photos (or other items they may be) on it? If so, restore your iPhone from a backup that contains these messages, and you could recover them that way.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 8:47 PM in response to hillary252

hillary252 Said:

"Yes, I have. These are not photos I deleted they’re just old."

-------

Consumption of Data:

As you use up space, older items are deleted, and then new items take their place. So, if your storage is full, then that is why they are gone - they were revoked to make way for news items. So, this is a pure example as to why to make a backup of your libraries and devices.

What to Consider:

Restore from a Backup:

Have a recent backup that has these photos (or other items they may be) on it? If so, restore your iPhone from a backup that contains these messages, and you could recover them that way.

What happened to my old photos in iCloud? Why have they disappeared if I didn't delete them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.