Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ipad 1 shows that my wifi password is incorrect although all other devices get connected with the same PW.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on May 25, 2021 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 4:57 AM

Whilst counterintuitive, a restart of your WiFi Router will often resolve this problem.

To restart you home router, disconnect power - then wait at least 30 seconds before restarting. When you router has rebooted (which may take several minutes), force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 4:57 AM in response to SaaRamSh

Whilst counterintuitive, a restart of your WiFi Router will often resolve this problem.

To restart you home router, disconnect power - then wait at least 30 seconds before restarting. When you router has rebooted (which may take several minutes), force-restart your iPad:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

My Apple ipad 1 shows that my wifi password is incorrect although all other devices get connected with the same PW.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.