Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try restoring my iPad, I get unknown error: (9). 0616.0000 What do I do now?

When I try restoring my iPad, I get an unknown error: (9). 0616.0000 What do I do now? I bought this for my business and recently loaned it out to an employee, so I removed it from my Apple ID account. My employee did not use the device for several months and forgot the password he was using. He also did not attach the device to an Apple ID account. I followed the restore directions on APple.com, but the above error screen appeared with no instructions on what to do about it.

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on May 25, 2021 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 11:22 AM

DaveinVancouver wrote:

When I try restoring my iPad, I get an unknown error: (9). 0616.0000 What do I do now? I bought this for my business and recently loaned it out to an employee, so I removed it from my Apple ID account. My employee did not use the device for several months and forgot the password he was using. He also did not attach the device to an Apple ID account. I followed the restore directions on APple.com, but the above error screen appeared with no instructions on what to do about it.

Follow all steps here If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 11:22 AM in response to DaveinVancouver

DaveinVancouver wrote:

Follow all steps here If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device - Apple Support

When I try restoring my iPad, I get unknown error: (9). 0616.0000 What do I do now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.