Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just changed my apple id email address successfully. However, on my iphone my Apple ID is still showing my old id. Do I need to sign out and resign in with the current one? Also, will it contain everything that was under my old id?

I just changed my apple id email address to a new one. However, on my iphone my Apple ID is still showing the old email address. Do I need to sign out and resign in with my new id email? Also, will all my old apps, pictures, etc show up under the new id?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 25, 2021 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 10:36 AM

You need to sign out of the old ID address and then sign in with the new ID address. See the link below.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.      

If you changed the email address on your existing Apple ID and didn't create a new ID, you should retain all your data and purchases.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 10:36 AM in response to Martini33

You need to sign out of the old ID address and then sign in with the new ID address. See the link below.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support.      

If you changed the email address on your existing Apple ID and didn't create a new ID, you should retain all your data and purchases.

I just changed my apple id email address successfully. However, on my iphone my Apple ID is still showing my old id. Do I need to sign out and resign in with the current one? Also, will it contain everything that was under my old id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.