Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard click quiet, loud, delayed. Bug? iPhone 12 pro max

I have a volume issue with the keyboard sounds when I type. Sometimes the typing sound is a normal volume, other times it's quiet, other times it gets louder the more I type... All other sounds on my phone appear to be fine when I play music/videos etc

Sometimes when I type the keyboard click is also quiet delayed. Is this a software bug?

Posted on May 26, 2021 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 7:51 AM

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, Tom_iPhoneUK.

We would be happy to help assist with what you're experiencing with your iPhone keyboard. The volume of your keyboard click when typing should only adjust if you've adjusted the volume your device. Can you tell us if you notice the same behavior when using headphones with your device? Also, we'll want to be sure that your device is completely up to date with the latest iOS. You can do so by following the steps in the article below, if needed.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

Additionally, we can have you try to switch your Keyboard Clicks setting off and back on again and test to see if this persists. Go into your iPhone Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Turn off Keyboard Clicks and switch back on after about 10 seconds. Let us know if you're still experiencing the same behavior.

We hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 7:51 AM in response to Tom_iPhoneUK

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, Tom_iPhoneUK.

We would be happy to help assist with what you're experiencing with your iPhone keyboard. The volume of your keyboard click when typing should only adjust if you've adjusted the volume your device. Can you tell us if you notice the same behavior when using headphones with your device? Also, we'll want to be sure that your device is completely up to date with the latest iOS. You can do so by following the steps in the article below, if needed.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

Additionally, we can have you try to switch your Keyboard Clicks setting off and back on again and test to see if this persists. Go into your iPhone Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Turn off Keyboard Clicks and switch back on after about 10 seconds. Let us know if you're still experiencing the same behavior.

We hope this helps.

Keyboard click quiet, loud, delayed. Bug? iPhone 12 pro max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.