Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my new apps end up in the recently added folder in the app library and I can't move them. Why? That does me no good that folder will end up with everything from this point forward.

I moved almost all of my apps to the app library which I really like, however, every time I download a new app I ends up in the recently added folder and I can't move it to the folder I want it in and it doesn't automatically move to a category that makes any kinds of sense like when I moved the others. Now that I can't move them I'm just going to have a huge recently added folder with a mess of apps. If I try to move them where I want them they just bounce back to the recently added folder. Do I need to change a setting first or am in doing it wrong? I couldn't find anything online other than it telling me after it sat there for a while I should be able to drag it where I want it.

Posted on May 26, 2021 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 9:00 AM

Not a problem I appreciate all of the help. I see that they are in the appropriate folder too. Do you know if there is a way to hide both the Recently Added folder and the Suggestions folder? It kind of seems like overkill to have these in so many places.

Thanks again for the help.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2021 9:00 AM in response to 6x6

Not a problem I appreciate all of the help. I see that they are in the appropriate folder too. Do you know if there is a way to hide both the Recently Added folder and the Suggestions folder? It kind of seems like overkill to have these in so many places.

Thanks again for the help.

May 26, 2021 8:26 AM in response to 6x6

Thanks for the link but that's not what I was asking. My downloads go to the home screen and the app library but when they go to the app library they go to the "Recently Added" folder and I want to move them to a different folder in the app library. The last one I added was for a grocery store so I would like it in the Shopping and Food folder, not the Recently Added folder but I can't move it. When I try to drag and drop it, it bounces right back to the Recently Added folder.

May 26, 2021 8:38 AM in response to annmv888

My mistake, I misunderstood what you meant. All newly downloaded apps will show in the Recently Added folder but they will also show in the "appropriate" folder, e.g. Social, Games etc. . The "appropriate" folder is not something that you can control: it is defined by the app developer. You may want to contact the app developer to see if they can make their app show in the Shopping and Food folder.

All my new apps end up in the recently added folder in the app library and I can't move them. Why? That does me no good that folder will end up with everything from this point forward.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.