Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW DO I GET RID OF TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION POPUP? OS 10.15.7

I do NOT want two-factor authentication on my computer, ipad, or iphone!!!!! I have gone to my Apple ID page, and under "Password & Security" have turned this OFF. However, I still get the popup that blocks the top right of my screen, and can't get rid of it!!

One person suggested signing out, but when I tried to do this, I got message that I'd lose my icloud photos (and I have too many to download). HELP!!!

Posted on May 26, 2021 7:54 AM

4 replies

May 26, 2021 12:27 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your reply! With this in mind, I've re-re-read the message again...it says "photos and videos that have not been fully downloaded will be removed from this Mac." I guess that means everything fully downloaded, which is about everything, will still be on my Mac. Now I will try signing off, as it does say the items will be available "on other devices using iCloud" -- which is what you are saying -- that once I sign in again, I should be able to access them again on this Mac.

Thank you for helping me think!

(now all I need to do is master the iphone my son sent me!)

May 26, 2021 1:28 PM in response to Eric Root

I signed out and signed back on and, you're right, my photos immediately reappeared! The 2-Factor popup window was still present, though, so I restarted the computer. Alas, the dastardly popup still squats smugly in the corner of my screen. Very annoying, as I can't even move it...it blocks the corner of my screen and windows, and is right in my way (which is probably how Apple planned it). Harrumph.

Thanks for trying...and I am, in any event, glad I can log out of my Apple ID without wiping out years of memories!

HOW DO I GET RID OF TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION POPUP? OS 10.15.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.