Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone battery health down

Why battry health down ?

Posted on May 26, 2021 8:07 AM

8 replies

May 26, 2021 8:14 AM in response to RajSakhiya

Batteries are consumables; they lose a little capacity every time they are discharged, then recharged. On average this works out to about a 1% loss for every 25 “full charge cycles” ( some will be a little more, others a little less). As one example, if you charge the phone overnight, every night (and that is what you should do; it is a best practice), it starts the day at 100%. If it drops to 20% by the end of the day before you charge it again overnight that counts as 0.8 full charge cycles (20% to 100%), or about 24 full charge cycles per month of use. For this example your battery capacity will lose about 1% per month. Of course, if the end-of-day level is higher than 20% the capacity loss will be a little less, and if it is lower than 20%, or you charge it during the day, the capacity loss will be higher.

The absolute best way to improve the life of your battery long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the night the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern.

May 26, 2021 8:46 AM in response to RajSakhiya

RajSakhiya Said:

"My iPhone battery health down: My iphone is just 1 month old"

-------

Charges and Percentage:

How many times have you charged it? I'm sure not 500 times. But after 500 Times, its typically time for a new iPhone battery. Battery Health always goes down, numerically 1-3% right out of the box - so if it is 97-99%, then you're just fine.

My iPhone battery health down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.