Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anker Soundcore Life Q20 and Big Sur

I am pairing the headphones via bluetooth. They pair just fine.

But I can not control the sound volume by either the sound slider on the Imac or the keyboard volume buttons. It worked for a couple days and then stopped. When I use the DOWN volume slider or keyboard volume buttons, it does turn the sound off.

Support at Soundcore says its not a problem they've heard of and so it's a Mac problem.

What is the truth? I'm searching for the truth. Is it a Mac problem? I find it odd that it worked for a couple days and then not work.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 26, 2021 11:23 AM

2 replies

Jun 1, 2021 1:09 PM in response to B_Meir

Hi B_Meir,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having issues with adjusting the volume on your Mac when your headphones are paired, and we'd be happy to look into what's going on.

To get started, does restarting your Mac seem to help with the issue, even if it's just temporary? If unsure, give that a try using the steps shown here: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac - Apple Support

If the issue persists after restarting your Mac, let's test and see if the issue remains if you boot into safe mode. Safe mode is a great way to determine whether an issue is caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up.

For steps on how to boot into safe mode, and what to do if the issue doesn't occur in safe mode, check out this link here: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if that's able to help.

Take care.

Anker Soundcore Life Q20 and Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.