Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is lossless audio also coming to iTunes on Windows?

Is lossless audio also coming to iTunes on Windows? And how can I turn it on?

Posted on May 26, 2021 1:20 PM

17 replies

May 27, 2021 8:20 PM in response to javaliga

javaliga wrote:

I am not sure why they started talking about Bluetooth.
The simple answer is that Bluetooth connections don’t support lossless audio. See the answer to the 'Can I listen to lossless audio over Bluetooth?' question in:
About lossless audio in Apple Music - Apple Support

I just meant I don’t know why Apple support started talking about Bluetooth when I asked them if Windows iTunes will be able to access Apple Music lossless files. I just want to send lossless music to my external DAC using Apple Music instead of Tidal.

May 26, 2021 8:47 PM in response to LACAllen

Yes, that is what I was kind of getting at. Not including Windows in the list is the same as them saying, "No Windows support." They just don't actually say that outright. Mind you, neither do they say there is no Amiga support, or Redhat, etc. so one just needs to assume (as I assumed dqbdqb would, but I guess not) that unless it is in the list that it isn't supported.

May 27, 2021 11:38 AM in response to dqbdqb

I asked someone on Apple support chat and this is what they said....

"In this case unfortunately at this moment we don't have support on Windows computers using iTunes, this is due to it is required an Apple Branded device in order to Read this new kind of Song Files, this is also the reason why unfortunately at this moment the Lossless songs are not supported on Bluetooth connections like Speakers."

I am not sure why they started talking about Bluetooth. I also don't see how iTunes couldn't support "the new kind of song file".

Is lossless audio also coming to iTunes on Windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.